Words To Live By

"Be Silly, Be Honest, Be Kind" ~ Emerson

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Couch to 5K.... Day One

I DID IT! That's right I am excited about Day numero uno of the beginner running program from couch to 5K. I know that to all many seasoned runners this is child's play but for me the girl who told all of my friends that if they ever saw me running to call 911 immediately because something was desperately wrong ..... this is HUGE!

And what is even more surprising you might ask? I wasn't miserable and I didn't hate it! Now granted I have been walking about 4 miles 3 to 4 days a week so maybe this was just the natural progression of my fitness goals but I was fully expecting to have to call Ryan half way through and have him transport me to the nearest emergency room. Not only did I not end up in the ER there were also several times when the buzzer signaled it was time to stop running and start walking, and I think I possibly had an identity crises because I actually thought to myself... I could keep running! Thats right this short leg, chubby girl who has always been terrified to run, actually thought those exact words. Now lets not get crazy about this by the last running sequence I was ready to be done but the fact that I didn't quit and didn't let myself hate it just because I thought I would is pretty huge for me!


I don't know if I am ready to say I am excited to do it again tomorrow, I would in all honesty much rather grab my awesome book I am reading (book review to come!) and go lay outside and read. But I will say that I was much happier for having done it and I am going to use that as motivation for tomorrow.

Hope you all had a beautiful, kick butt day like I did!


Running motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment